- Oracle VM end-of-support deadline (Oracle VM life cycle until 2021)
- How to check the Oracle VM product life cycle
- Oracle VM lifecycle isn't that long anymore
- MOS document
- Related Articles
Oracle VM end-of-support deadline (Oracle VM life cycle until 2021)
The deadline for ending support for Oracle VM is as follows:
|Oracle’s VM Releases||Release GA Date Premier||Support Ends||Extended Support Ends||Sustaining Support Ends|
|VM 2||Nov 2007||Nov 2015||Not Available||Indefinite|
|VM 3||Aug 2011||Mar 2021||Mar 2024||Indefinite|
- It seems that it can be used longer than the above only when purchasing Oracle Engineered Systems (It seems that the expiration date of Oracle VM 3.x will be extended until the expiration date of Premier Support of PCA)
- What is Oracle Engineered Systems? Exadata / Private Cloud Appliance / Oracle Database Appliance, etc.
Below is a brief description of the various support statuses.
- Premier Support
Full support. Provided at standard maintenance costs
- Extended Support
Requires additional cost. Extended support after Premier Support ends. Not provided by Oracle VM
- Sustaining Support
References and inquiries about known knowledge only. No bug fixes will be made.
How to check the Oracle VM product life cycle
The URLs of common and available documents are:
Oracle VM lifecycle isn't that long anymore
As mentioned above, even the latest version of Oracle VM 3.x will be supported until 2021.
In other words, the product life as a hypervisor of a general Oracle VM is that it cannot be used for a long time.
This does not seem to be the case if you purchase an Oracle hardware PCA and use an Oracle VM.
As long as you purchase Oracle hardware and have PCA Premier support, it seems that the hypervisor's end of support period will be extended (that is, it will be supported as a virtualization appliance).
In other words, using Oracle VM on general hardware all the time seems to be a good idea at the moment.
- Oracle VM General Policy Description (Doc ID 466538.1)
- Information Center: Oracle VM Release 3.x for x86 (Doc ID 1351538.2)
Support policy for Oracle DB products running on VMware
Oracle Zero Downtime Migration (ZDM) is free cloud migration tool.